Australia: Things I’ve learned so far
First day in Australia is nearly over and I’m happy to lie down in the apartment to get some sleep right after writing this post. Here are a few things I’ve learned so far on this journey:
- 30 hours of traveling on a plane in economy class is too much. Even for me and I usually love flying long distances (5-10hrs).
- I’m immune to jet lag
- Australians are probably the friendliest people I’ve ever met
- CBD is the “Brisbane Central Business District”
- Brisbane and especially the parks in Brisbane are awesome. You can change between city and tropical gardens by just going to one of the many parks in CBD
- The weather/climate is just perfect for me - yay :)
- Sun is one hell of a heat generator - especially in a country like Australia. Once the clouds are gone it’s literally getting hotter in a matter of seconds
- Sunscreen: I’d probably die without it :)
- WiFi is not as free and frequent as expected, so I have to get one of those prepaid sim cards for my iPad to get online regularly
That’s it for now. I’ll upload some photos once I get the sim card for my iPad.